• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 11.1 Opened and nothing there.

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Lightroom Classic tonight and all folders and photos are gone. All photographs has a 0 next to it. When it opened it acted like it was my first time opening Lightroom. Had a tutorial telling me the steps to make to open photos etc. I have had LrC since 2018 and had a bunch of photos and folders there. I was using it last night and closed it but today there is nothing. Why? It asked me to backup last night but I didn't have the time so I skipped it. Could that have done something? I haven't done a back up in a little while. I have all my RAW photos on an external drive but they are not edited. Will I have to re-edit ALL of my photos? I am using Windows 10.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

The Recent menu may not show the correct catalog, but this does indeed sound like Lightroom created a brand new catalog. In that case you'll have to look for the correct catalog manually, by searching for files with an .lrcat extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check if you're opened the correct catalog. Goto the File > Open Recent menu. If prompted, click Relaunch to close the current catalog and relaunch Lightroom Classic.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to file and then recent menu and the only thing it has there is Lightroom Catalog .lrcat. When I click that nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Recent menu may not show the correct catalog, but this does indeed sound like Lightroom created a brand new catalog. In that case you'll have to look for the correct catalog manually, by searching for files with an .lrcat extension.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, how do I do that? Is there a tutorial you can point me to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnnykeyz wrote:

So, how do I do that? Is there a tutorial you can point me to?

You need to do a search in Windows Explorer. If you don't know how to do that, then use Google to find out how. I'm a Mac user myself, so I would also have to use Google to tell you how to do this.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I figured it out. I have reopened the catalog and all iswell. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines