• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC 11 not using color profile correctly

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC 11.01 does not appear to use colour profiles correctly. It looks like LRC 11 confuses display gamut with destination gamut and this affects printing. I don't believe this is actually the issue, but that's how the problem appears. See attached images.

I'm using a 2018 MacMini (3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7) running MacOS 12.01 with 64GB RAM. Printer is  Epson Stylus Photo R2880.

I've spent more than a week tweaking settings, recalibrating displays and printer, resetting presets etc, but the result is the same - previously working prints now have serious problems. I've wasted a ton of paper and ink pursuing this issue. I now believe it's a problem with LRC 11. I tested this theory by reinstalling LRC 10.4 on my MacBook Pro and printing the same image with identical print settings and colour profiles. You can see the results below.

I also printed the image to PDF and used Apple Preview to print it and the photo printed without any serious issues, however this isn't a satisfactory workaround. I'm experiencing similar issues with other images that previously printed without problems.

Is this a (known) bug?

The attached images are:
1 - Print from MacBook Pro using LRC 10.4
2 - Print from macMini using LRC 11
3 - Screens shot showing display colour gamut warning
4 - Screens shot showing destination colour gamut warning (ie showing no printing issues)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Please try updating Lightroom to version 11.1 through the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines