• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 12.0.1 crashes upon startup on Mac Ventura 13

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just migrated to a new Mac Studio (M1 Ultra, 64GB, Ventura 13.0), all apps work fine *except* Lightroom Classic (e.g. Lightroom, Photoshop, and non-Adobe products). LrC shows the splash screen and then dies quietly. I've tried:

1. Moving the Library folders

2. Resetting LR Preferences shift+option when opening

3. Re-installed multiple times

4. Downgraded to 12.0 and upgraded to 12.0.1

5. Rebooted system

6. Ensured LRC has full disk access

Have sent 2 crash reports to Adobe with the same email address as my forum community id.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your 'System Info' to the forum. You'll find it listed under Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my system info:

Model Name: Mac Studio
Model Identifier: Mac13,2
Model Number: MJMW3LL/A
Chip: Apple M1 Ultra
Total Number of Cores: 20 (16 performance and 4 efficiency)
Memory: 64 GB
System Firmware Version: 8419.41.10
OS Loader Version: 8419.41.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the prefrenece files in the User/ Library folder , then uninstall LrC by going in the Finder / Adobe Lightroom Classic folder and double clicking on Uninstall Adobe Lightroom. After you uninstall it reinstall it from the Adobe Creative Cloud app and then try it. Lets see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did this, same behavior as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other tips from the team or Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new user account on my system and LRC works perfectly! Does anyone know where all the potential corrupt files could be? Back in my original user account, I uninstalled LRC and deleted a bunch of obvious files from [user]/Library/Adobe but the behavior continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new user account on my system and LRC works perfectly! 

By @donutcritic

So here's the tough part. Since it doesn't crash as a new user, there is a conflict with something in the original (Admin?) user that is making it crash. The hard part is figuring out what that is. The first task is to disable all auto log in items in Users and Groups>Login Items in your System preferences (System Settings in Ventura). You can make a screen capture or jot down what each item is, disable, restart and try again. If it doesn't crash, you can add one or more items, restart and try again. At some point, you may find which item is at issue. It isn't easy but that's really the fix unless you do a clean install of the OS which might be more work.  The bottom line is, that something in your user account is conflicting with Photoshop. Gotta find out what that item is. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this thread.

I have been having real challenges with LrC. Won't start, hamgs my system. Also Mac Studio. M1 Max, 32 GB, Ventura 13.3.1.

I worked with Adobe chat and the fix happened when a ".json" file was trashed. Now it is crashing again and there is a "metrics.json" file that is 10GB. I trashed it and we are up and running again.

Any thoughts/feedback on keeping things straight? Do I need to periodically clean out that file?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are currently working on a fix for the 'metrics.json' issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find no metrics.json file. I've tried all the "fixes" listed here. Still crashes on start-up. Adobe needs to refund plan costs until this is fixed and I can go back to doing what I was doing before the crashes started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find no metrics.json file. I've tried all the "fixes" listed here. Still crashes on start-up. 

By @Jeff 99

You are on a Mac and you tried launching with a new user account?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashes started after install of latest LR CC. Many crash reports sent. MacBookPro M1, 64GB ram,

I've followed the "fixes" listed here. Un-installed and re-installed, same problem. Rolled back to previous version, which does work. It's Adobe's problem. Setting up a new user account to solve Adobe's problems is not an answer. App's shouldn't be released until its determined if they're functioning properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting up a new user account to solve Adobe's problems is not an answer. App's shouldn't be released until its determined if they're functioning properly.

By @Jeff 99

Of course, it is! Because doing so (without a crash) indicates a conflict with something else which you need to track down and fix.

You can assume this is all Adobe's problem but until you test this out as advised, you'll never know. 

Or you can just give up and keep crashing. 

You came here for help. Deciding not to take it is rather ineffective but, that's cool with me; my Mac runs the product(s) fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting up a new user account to solve Adobe's problems is not an answer. 

By @Jeff 99

Do examine the following: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-classic-crashes-each-time-i-l...

One possible fix...One possible fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did your crashes start?

What version of LrC were you using?

Did you submit the crash report?

Can you provided your System Info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI - Problem solved after latest MacOS Ventura update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines