• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 12.0.1 crashes while importing photos on MacOS Ventura

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, curious if anyone else is experiencing this.  I have the latest version of LrC installed and MacOS Ventura.  When importing from a CFExpress or SD card LrC crashes the computer after approximately 122 photos.

If there is another thread on this apologies, I didn't see it.  

Thanks.

Mike

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for reaching out. I'll need more info to recreate this on my end to help you with this.

What type of images are you importing, JPEG or RAW? If RAW, what specific camera were these shot on?

Are you applying any develop settings or metadata presets? What type of preview are you creating at import?

A screenshot of your import settings will help.

Try importing a smaller batch of images to a location on the internal drive as a test.

Test this behavior in the macOS safe mode: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/mh21245/mac

Let me know how it goes from here,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer - Thanks for your reply.  I'm importing .NEF (Raw) files frm my Nikon 850 and Z7 ii.  I am applying a generic copyright and lens correction on import.  I have used these same settings many times without any issues.  It all started with the release of Ventura.

Below is a screen shot of my import settings.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Mike

michaela49037436_0-1667928466694.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this.

Please save the current settings in the import window as an import preset from the bottom of the Import window.

Try to reset Lightroom Classic's preferences by following the steps in this article (I prefer using method 2): https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Let me know how it goes,
Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer - That didn't correct the problem.  It crashed tonight after importing 225 photos from a CFExpress card.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the link below for info on known issues with macOS Ventura.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-ventura-compatibility/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fix common crash issues in 7 simple steps
Force quit and restart Lightroom Classic or restart your computer.
Update Lightroom Classic to the latest version
Check for a Known issue in Lightroom Classic.
Check the Adobe Community for reported issues.
Reset Lightroom Classic's preferences
Troubleshoot GPU and graphics driver
Keep your macOS or Windows operating system up to date.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines