• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC 12.3 won't even load/start-up - what is going on?

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I routinely load up the latest version of my softqware, but LRC 12.3 has failed 3 times with me having to roll-back to a previous version in order to continue my work. What is going on and why has there been no communication that the 12.3 doesn't work?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be more specific, What fails? What were you trying to accomplish?

Oh, and if failure in Enhanced DeNoise, what is your GPU make/model, GPU driver version, and amount of VRAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing the update to 12.3 LRC once again to try and get yoy error messages, etc. that are sent directly to Apple. Basically, after updating, 12.3 crashed on start. This has happened after I have updated at least 4-5 times and then I have to do a retro load of the previous version. My MBP system is MacBook Pro Ventura 13.3.1 (a), 2.8 GHZ Quad-core Intel I7, 16 GB 2133 MHZ LPDDR3, Radeon Pro 560 4 GB Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB. Photos file are held in an exterior SSD drive (2T). BTW- I am also now getting a generator error when I start up PS which I didn't get prior to the latest updates on PS. I don't know if they are related problems or not...just very frustrated by the LRC update failures.

The update crashed again like clock work. Below is the upfront portion of the crash report for your viewing please. I have copied and archived the entire 37 page crash report readout if Adobe needs it. I appreciate any help or insight you might provide as well as who to send the crash report to in Adobe as it normally is sent to Apple.

Chris

LRC 12.3 crash report 05-09-2023 08:30 PST

Translated Report (Full Report Below)

-------------------------------------

Process:               Adobe Lightroom Classic [26704]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic/Adobe Lightroom Classic.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Lightroom Classic

Identifier:            com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7

Version:               12.3 (12.3)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        launchd [1]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2023-05-09 08:27:17.8759 -0700

OS Version:            macOS 13.3.1 (22E772610a)

Report Version:        12

Bridge OS Version:     3.0 (14Y910)

Anonymous UUID:        E9C1C9C5-21C1-D33A-F626-3086795893A4

Sleep/Wake UUID:       EE9C8BE8-EEB4-408E-9EB7-17D604DB1803

Time Awake Since Boot: 110000 seconds

Time Since Wake:       47255 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  CrBrowserMain  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000068

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000068

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11

Terminating Process:   exc handler [26704]

VM Region Info: 0x68 is not in any region.  Bytes before following region: 140737486819224

REGION TYPE                    START - END         [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD  REGION DETAIL

UNUSED SPACE AT START

---> 

shared memory            7fffffe89000-7fffffe8a000 [    4K] r-x/r-x SM=SHM 

Thread 0 Crashed:: CrBrowserMain Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   AdobeCrashReporter                             0x103c136c7 unsigned long std::__1::__tree<std::__1::__value_type<ProdDetails, sqlite3*>, std::__1::__map_value_compare<ProdDetails, std::__1::__value_type<ProdDetails, sqlite3*>, std::__1::less<ProdDetails>, true>, std::__1::allocator<std::__1::__value_type<ProdDetails, sqlite3*>>>::__count_unique<ProdDetails>(ProdDetails const&) const + 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have teh same log file error: 
Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the LrC preference file?

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for this situation but I did have to do it a month or so ago as LRC ran amuck and that was part of the "fix". I can't even start up the newest version of LRC to get to preferences, so do you think resetting the older version would have any impact? Happy to reset if it will lead to a solution.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

bei mir hat geholfen die Berechtigung in dem Ordner

/users /xxxx/Library/Logs/Adobe/

auf schreiben und Lesen für Staff und everyone zu ändern!

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph25287 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following. I am having the exact same issue.  Resetting the preferences does not help for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines