• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC Crashing in loupe view, while culling.

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my Windows PC and I'm curious if LRC has a known issue with DDR5 Ram, specifically when an EXPO profile is enabled (in BIOS).
While culling a shoot (previews already built, only program running is LRC, no other processes)... flipping through loupe-view starring photos... LRC eventually locks up. I have to open task manager to get it to un-hang, and it crashes LRC.
This ONLY happens when I have the EXPO profile enabled in BIOS

Runs fine when the EXPO profile isn't enabled in BIOS, giving me only 3200 of my 6000 RAM speed.
It also caps out at 30% usage when the EXPO isn't enabled. (Hits 50% with the profile enabled)
Is this just a case of the Adobe being slow to utilize current hardware?

LRC is the only program I have issues with. Benchmarking the RAM with 3dMark yields no errors or problems.

Thoughts?

Given how heavy LRC is on RAM usage you'd think it would be able to access every bit of RAM you can give it.  But it feels like it just doesn't know what to do with it.
I realize I have more machine than necesarry, so disabling the EXPO isn't a big deal... but I'm really wondering what the deal is.

Computer specs for reference:
Ryzen9-7950x
3070ti
64gm DDR5 (6000)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic does not appear to tolerate overclocking.

Also, LrC is a resource hog, so things that work in other apps such as overclocking might fail in LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that I'd consider EXPO profile "overclocking"...but maybe it is in LRC's view.
It really might just be that it's "too fast" and it freaks LRC out. Which is something they need to sort out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really don't consider it overclocking?   EXPO stands for EXtended Profiles for Overclocking so I would say it is pretty clear.

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/expo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAM   Overclocking:

https://www.gskill.com/community/1584933243/1646893264/How-to-Enable-XMP-EXPO-for-DDR4-&-DDR5

Wondered what EXPO Profiles where, used google, and got an answer. RAM Overclocking via BIOS setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a manufacturer approved profile... which Adobe should account for.
So LRC just doesn't handle it because it's "CALLED" overclocking instead of "The way"...
That's ridiculous.

And thanks for the arrogant sarcasm, clearly you both have nothing better to do than be trolls to real working photographers trying to get work done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines