Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC does not open and cannot be deinstalled

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

lately Lightroom Classic does not open anymore on my windows 10, in the latest version of LrC (11.5). Also, I cannot uninstall it because of a conflict: According to the error message, I need to save my work in LrC first.  Now I don't know how to save this work without being able to open the programme or what to do to open the programme at all.
I am very grateful for any help on the issue.

Tabea25755912f3eb_1-1661186811551.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your work is saved automatically to the catalog, so there is no need to open the program to save.

What happens when you try to open it? Is there an error message?

Note to moderator: Please move to Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open it, it seems like nothing is happening. No window is opening and it is not listed in the task manager. 
I don't even get an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you click Weiter in the dialog you posted a screenshot of?

If you cannot uninstall, restart your computer and try again.

If you still cannot uninstall, use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to remove Lightroom, then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will assume that you are trying to start Lightroom Classic in the normal way, by double clicking on the shortcut.

I am not sure if you have tried an alternate method, that being bringing up the catalog in your computers file manager, and double clicking on the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines