• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC image files on external SSD not reflecting correct available space after deleting from SSD

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LRC installed on MBP with all of my images and catalogue held on a 4T external SSD.   When I delete images from LRC - they never appear in the MBP trash bin.  Is this normal?  Also the bigger problem is that while the images do appear to me deleted on the external SSD - the MBP does not reflect any increase in avialble storage space after having deleted files?  Are these files in some fantom folder or any quess why the MBP doesnt show avail space increasing after a deletion????

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's normal for them to not appear in the trash bin. Deleting in Lightroom Classic while deleting the original file fully deletes them. This is different from deleting in finder. For the available storage thing, how is the disk formatted? Hopefully you changed it to APFS. If it is anything else you might see very sluggish updating of the available space metric.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response.  The external Sandisk extreme SSD is formatted APFS...whats extra confusing is that the image files are in fact being "removed" from the folder of image files on the SSD when I do delete them from LRC - BUT, the available space is not going back up when I look at it either the MBPs disk utility or the 'About this MAC" - storage section....available space jsut keeps declining.   Its a 4T SSD...with essentially nothing but a folder of 3T of images and the available space reads approx 520g!   ouch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines