Exit

LRC Import won't list subfolders

Enthusiast ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What am I doing wrong?

Trying to create a new catalog.

I need to bring in folders of images that are inside another folder. I don't want to bring in the entire parent folder. Just some of the subfolders.

However, when I hit import and go for the source, the parent folder, the little arrow doesn't drop down to list any of the subfolders I need. And YES. I've got subfolders checked. 

It just wants to import all the images in all the subfolders without indicating which subfolders things are coming from.

Should I just take the subfolders out of the parent folder? In order to import them?  And then, in Lightroom, move them back to the parent folder?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of drive is WT_4T?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac. It's a 4 terabyte USB drive. I've been using it without any problems, with Lightroom, for years.  PS, if I quite Lightroom, wait, and start up again, the import info shows the folders again. So it only happens after a (successful)  import! And OH oh. After it finishes importing, it freezes. I have to force quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Next time it is acting up. In LrC, in Library module, look iun the Folders panel. for that drive, right click on it, Select Status. That might just be showing it as offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines