• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC importing wrong Metadata time from DJI Mini 2 Video (MP4)

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, while importing Videos from DJI Mini 2 Drone to LRC the Metadata time is imported wrong. After importing the LRC the time is always 3 hours back from the actual time the video was taken. Please see attached files and a short MP4 video for testing. I am using a Macbook Pro running MacOS Mojave.

Any idea if this has any fix?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

I just Googled your issue and came up with this note which unfortunately points to a known bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a time zone problem. Check the date/time and time zone on your DJI then look at the TZ on the MP4 in relation to the TZ on your MAC. Here's a link on some info more related to a photo but may help https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/how-to-change-the-timezone-in-photo-metadata/td-p/6...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply and the link to the timezone issue.

The TZ on my DJI (which is the TZ of my Phone in reality) is exactly the same as the Macbook Pro, Lightroom. Besides that, the photos I take with the Drone have no issue at all, Medatada info and LR info are in sync, also as seen from the screenshots I posted, the MP4 files produced from the DJI have the correct TZ and capture time, as read by Finder.

The problem starts after the LR Import, then the MP4 files appear to have different Capture Time in LR Library. I can't figure out any setting or other fix.

I appreciate your time to reply, thanks!

Kostas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just Googled your issue and came up with this note which unfortunately points to a known bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I marked it as correct answer, although the problem is not solved. Nevertheless it's pointing to the direction of a possible report and hopefully a solution. Thank you very much for the time you dedicated in finding an answer, I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with Mavic Air 2S and I use Lightroom. The photos have the correct date but the videos are showing the date as the day before they were actually taken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, with ALL Video files - Originally thought it was just on my Mini 3 Pro, but recently noticed on videos from other Platforms, like Nikon DLSR and GoPro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines