From time to time I get an internal error mesage when adding new images to an existing collection. I couldn’t get around this error by e.g. optimizing the catalog and restarting. The error kept showing. I even exported all images to a new catalog and worked with the new catalog, but this didn't help, too. 😞
(Translation: An internal error occurred:...)
Lightroom version: 10.0
OS version: Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Build 19043.1165
I wish I could provide teh steps to reproduce this behaviour, but I cannot reproduce the error on purpose. The last time I got this error this is what happened:
1. I had 3 images imported automatically by Helicon Focus.
2. I wanted to add these imaged to an existing collection.
3. I've got the error message. :((
The collection was my target collection. The error occures by using the letter "B", by clicking on the "bubble" on the image or by dragging the images to the colleciton manually.
If I change the target collection to another collection this doesn't help either. I an drag the images to other collection without a problem.
The only workaround:
1. Create a new collection with the 3 images.
2. Add all images from the problematic collection to the new one.
3. Deleting the problematic collection. My problem with this workaround: I lose all stacks and this is a major problem.
Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.