• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC is changing my white balance when photos are imported

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I own a Canon R3 and I shoot in raw. When I import a photo, LRC slightly changes the white balance metadata. One practical example: A photo taken at 3600 K + 0,0/=-0 (no shift) on camara (it also reads that in pictures info), once imported LRC reads 4050k. Can anyone help me please?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my LRC version is up to date. I already imported the photos to another desktop.

I open the photos in Digital Photo Professional 4 and it hows the metadatas like my camera setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteI open the photos in Digital Photo Professional 4 and it hows the metadatas like my camera setting.

Because DPP understands the in-camera settings natively, whereas Lr uses a non-Canon "best guess".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The numbers aren't expected to match.

These are very different processing engines, so the numbers may have to change to produce the same visual result. The priority, by design, is to match appearance, not numbers.

Keep in mind that those numbers aren't measured from the actual light. They are the amount of correction needed to produce a neutral-looking result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines