• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC is not friendly for users using both jpg and raw in their workflow

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Fujifilm camera, and sometimes I need to use the origin jpg of the camera, and sometimes I need to use raw to do more adjustment. However, when I am using Lightroom Classic, there is no way to rate or cull the jpg and raw file at the same time. Also, in the export settings, there is no choice for users to export the image using the original camera jpg color when the files are raw.

It is a real impediment to the workflow if users need to switch between jpg and raw frequently.

I sincerely hope this inconvenience could be fixed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. As a professional photographer, I know these ways of managing jpg and raw photos, which are just 'treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos' or stacking. However, these are not good ways for a workflow. The same photo will be unnecessarily displayed twice in the catalog. An 'export embedded preview jpg' is absolutely needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> However, when I am using Lightroom Classic, there is no way to rate or cull the jpg and raw file at the same time.

Have you tried enabling the 'Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos' preference, which can be found in the General panel of Lightroom Classic preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that. However, it makes the catalog quite untidy. The same photo will be displayed twice. I think an 'export embedded preview jpg' is absolutely needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines