Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC lost contact with cloud library

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

my Classic library has lost sync contact with the cloud. All my files are backed-up in Lightroom CC as originals, but now Classic suddenly stopped syncing, including edits and deletions from Classic. 

The sync system still shows that the libraries are synced, but changes wonät reflect in Lightroom CC. I tried, withou result:

- to log out of Classic and log in again

- delete the sync lrdata file

- click the hidden Rebuild Sync Data

Whatever I do, the changes do not reflect in Lightroom CC. And changes in CC won't appear in Classic. It has simply lost the link, although no errors appear. There are some 94 files pending, but they've always been there, some too large files etc.

I'd prefer to use Lightroom CC only, but it still misses GPS tagging ability, more than 3 years after release.... So I have to live with these ever coming sync issue...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say Lightroom CC what program are you talking about?

The newer Lightroom Desktop program that saves all you images to the Adobe Cloud system?

If it is you should be posting in the forum specifically for that version of Lr.

I'll move this conversation over to the forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Classic":  the old one with more functions that only uploads smart previews to cloud

"Lightroom CC": The new one released 2017 that still misses some functions, however uploads originals to cloud. And has better design

This issue is about Classic. Sync still works between Lightroom CC and iOS, so this issue is about sync between the cloud and Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a short update: I'm in contact with Adobe support but still no solution after several calls. Something is blocking the sync, although ocassionally some new pictures get downloaded from cloud to Classic. Edits and deletions made in Classic still won't upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you running LrC (classic) and Lr (cloud-centric) at the same time on your computer?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines