• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC Memory leak - Plugin issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to V12, LRC has become unusable. The app just keeps gobling up memory until it either stops responding or I get a message that I've run out of application memory and have to force quit the app. I'm running on a Macbook pro 16 M1 max 64gb of memory. Does anone have any ideas or can tell me how to roll back to V11 so I can use LRC?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Appears that Mylio was the cause of the problem. Worked fine with V11. I don't use it anymore so no great loss. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can roll back to a previous version using the creative cloud app. Click the ellipsis next to the app there and select "other versions"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can roll back to a previous version using the creative cloud app. Click the ellipsis next to the app there and select "other versions"

By @Jao vdL

@Jao vdL what does rolling back from 12 to 11 mean when the catalog has been  converted? Does it use an older catalog or is the V12 catalog convered back to V11? I ask because I've seen issues with V12 so am waiting for a V12.1 because I didn't think I could move back to 11. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found an answer to my own question here at this Lightroom Queen Post

"Bear in mind that if you try to go back to a prior version and your current one had to upgrade the catalog to work, the updated catalog won’t work with the earlier version. So, a Lightroom Classic 10 catalog won’t work in Lightroom Classic 9.x, as the internal structure of the catalog changed in the update. In this case you need to revert to a copy of the catalog prior to the upgrade (which means any work in the new catalog is lost)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer you found is correct. You'll need to open the catalog that wasn't yet converted to v12. The conversion process leaves it behind so it should still be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before rolling back, would you copy/paste your System Info panel contents to this thread. See below example. System Info is an option found under the LrC Help menu, and can often highlight potential reasons/sources for memory leaks.

System Info.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Sysinfo... thanks in advance for any ideas....

Lightroom Classic version: 12.0 [ 202210031128-9cb7185d ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-US
Operating system: Mac OS 12
Version: 12.6.0 [21G115]
Application architecture: arm64
Logical processor count: 10
Processor speed: NA
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 65,536.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 65,536.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 5,027.8 MB (7.6%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 413,288.0 MB
Memory cache size: 45.6MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 15.0 [ 1261 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1383MB / 32767MB (4%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1449MB / 65536MB (2%)
Standard Preview Size: 5120 pixels
Displays: 1) 5120x2880, 2) 3840x2160

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: Apple M1 Max
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: /Users/robsaultz/Pictures/Images Catalog/Images Catalog-v12.lrcat
Settings Folder: /Users/robsaultz/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aurora HDR
3) DxO PhotoLab 4
4) DxO PhotoLab 4 Importer
5) Excire Search
6) HDR projects 4 professional
7) jf Bag-o-Goodies
8) jf Geocoding Support
9) jf Metadata Wrangler
10) Loupedeck2
11) Luminar 4
12) Luminar AI
13) Luminar Neo
14) Mylio
15) Negative Lab Pro
16) ON1 Effects 2022
17) ON1 HDR 2022
18) ON1 NoNoise AI 2022
19) ON1 Photo RAW 2022
20) ON1 Photo RAW 2023
21) ON1 Portrait AI 2022
22) ON1 Resize AI 2022
23) Photolemur 3
24) Teekesselchen

Config.lua flags: None

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The VM used by Lightroom field is exceedingly large. This should be of the order of the amount of real memory you have, not 10x as large. So that is strange.

You have a LOT of plugins installed including some I don't know myself. I would uninstall them all and see if that helps and then slowly add them back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The VM figure is pretty much the norm with M1/M2 systems and has been commented upon way beyond Adobe products. Nobody has quite figured out why it's so high. Therefore, I would tend to ignore.

Looking at the long list of plugins, I see at least one that would be active from LrC is launched, ie Loupedeck2. If it was my system, I would try temporarily disabling it to see if doing so helps. Actually, I'd probably disable them all, then check memory use as each is enabled in turn. Obviously, you would need to leave a few minutes between enabling each otherwise you'd have no idea which, if any, is the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears that Mylio was the cause of the problem. Worked fine with V11. I don't use it anymore so no great loss. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming that the Mylio plugin was responsible for causing the memory leak. 

I'm marking your post as correct as it may help others in future with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS I agree with @Ian Lyons that it is worthwhile to figure out what is going on. While this sort of out of memory thing is not uncommon on M1 macs - many people experience these even without Lightroom installed - it is not normal and figuring out what is causing these is a good idea. First troubleshooting step is usually to reset Lightroom preferences and go from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines