• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC NEW Catalog - I want to Sync w Adobe Acct and phones (synced with old Catalog)

Participant ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I upgraded my computer (mb, drives etc) and fresh installed all software. I got LRC to work fine and sync with online account and my 2 phones. PROBLEM was/is LRC dumped all the photos into 1 folder on the HARD DRIVE when they used to be in date order such as 20220101, 20220115 etc. on the HARD DRIVE. =>

• I gave up trying to fix that (is there a way?) and copied all 4,000+ photos to a new directory with the photos in proper dated subdirectories. (used a 3rd party program)
  • I want to re start the sync BUT not have LRC download to the master directory. (I dont want them skipping the dated sub folders)
  • What are the steps I need to follow? 
  • Do I/LRC replace the synced photos? (online Adobe and phone syncs)
  • Are the online photos the real ones or just previews?
  • I dont want to lose / delete photos.

THANK YOU!

Marc

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have the old computer (or if you have backups from the old computer with the proper sub-folders) start over, follow these instructions exactly, do not add in your own steps, do not skip steps (unless they clearly don't apply such as Mac to Windows or vice versa), do not import photos, do not import photos, do not import photos, do not import photos, and most importantly, do not import photos.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DJ, thank you for the response. I did not get a new computer... I removed the MoBo and hard drives and replaced them with a new z690 mobo, i7-12700k cpu and 3x m.2 drives (c, d / data, e / scratch misc)

then reinstalled all software. I do have archived backups from old setup but have been using a catalog (after new installation) for several months that is synced. Luckily I don't believe more than 200-300 photos are new since the upgrade. And all happen to be from two iPhones so no pro camera files yet. 

I did not realize what had happened until today. I still have the old data drive and that is backed up to 2 external drives. I think the Lightroom catalog is backed up on all 3 drives to some point. 

since there has been syncing is that a problem?

thanks

marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines