• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC not opening on OS

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recent updated LRC isn't opening on my Mac. I've tried restarting the computer, but it is still not opening. My Lightroom is paid up, it must be a bug.  

Please help, 

Jaquita 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Thank you, after many adtempts to open LRC v 12.21 it finally opened. I will definitely keep this conversation thread. I appreciate your links and kind words. 

Jh2o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you're unsuccessful in launching LrC. There's not a huge amount of reports of this, so I'd suggest going to the Creative Cloud app, uninstalling Lightroom Classic from there, and then reinstalling again fresh. It may be that there was an install error. 

It would also help to know what your system is. I know with Lightroom crashing you can't get a System Info via Lightroom, but your machine, OS version and Lightroom Classic version would help.  

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I re install LRC to possibly fix a bug will I loose my edited photos? 

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my operating system is Mac OS Big Sir 11.7.4  I just started to have this issue of LRC v 12.21 yesterday. I have shutdown, logged off my Lightroom, restarted my computer, goes through the process of opening then nothing, freezes. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging into another Mac user account (you should make a new one); still crashing? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting*), still crashing? 
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still crashing? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
Also view:
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html
From Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

* How to start your M1 Mac in Safe Mode
On your Mac, choose Apple menu () > Shut Down.
After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.
Press and hold the power button until the startup disks and Options appear.
Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, after many adtempts to open LRC v 12.21 it finally opened. I will definitely keep this conversation thread. I appreciate your links and kind words. 

Jh2o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines