• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC not outputting CR3 files to Topaz Denoise Update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the last few days, Topaz Denoise has released an update (v 3.3) that includes a new ability to edit RAW files directly. They also provided instructions to update this version as a LRC plug-in. However, LRC is not recognizing the new version as being able to work with RAW files and transfers them as TIFF files, which ruins the whole advantage of being able to edit RAW files. Using the Denoise update as a standalone, the very same CR3 file can be edited as a RAW file. Is it possible to update LRC to reflect this editing ability as a plug-in? I realize this is unlikely but it should be fixed; there are many Topaz users that use their editors as plug-ins. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have no option to send the raw file to Topaz Denoise AI for processing from LrC 10.4. No idea if Adobe plans to provide that option in the future.

When you open a raw file directly in Denoise and select save after processing there are options to select the file type. I have choosen 16 bit tiff which is saved in the same folder as the original raw image. See the screen capture.

Denoise image from RAW image.Denoise image from RAW image.

The second attempt I saved as DNG, you will see there is a difference in the brightness of the images. There are also profiles available in the LrC profiles panel these are also available for the tiff file.

Not certain but it is my view that the DNG is a tiff file in a DNG wrapper, as Denoise would have rendered the raw data to apply the denoise changes.

Denoise DNG created file.Denoise DNG created file.

Then in li

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there's an update to DeNoise 3.3.1

Please update you version and check again.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be more appropriate to request Topaz the author of the denoise plugin to update their Lightroom Plugin to make the feature you desire possible.

I am using v3.3.1

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted Topaz about this issue, in fact before I posted here. And I am using 3.3.1. 

If LRC will not allow a RAW file to be exported to any external editor, I'd love to know what Topaz could do about it. Seems to me it would be up to Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the reply I received from Topaz:

Thanks for getting back to me. What you're describing is normal behavior. Lightroom will only offer options to create copy images with plugins in TIFF, JPEG, or PSD (PSD isn't currently supported). This is a limitation of Lightroom. If you want to edit the RAW file, you should use our software as a standalone (or as a plugin in Photoshop).
I hope this helps clarify, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

As I said, there's not much they can do without a change to LRC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you edit a CR3 in Topaz, what format does it come back? 

I don't have Topaz to test this theory, but creating an Export preset would be able to pass the original raw file to Topaz, if Topaz is set as the post-processing action at the bottom. You'd have to manually get the resulting file back into the catalog, unless you perhaps can send a DNG and get it returned as a DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines