• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC Optimise Catalog causing LRC to Crash

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a 2015/16 model MacBook Pro running MacOS Big Sur v11.6. My LRC is v11.0.1. Every time I run Optimize Catalog, LRC shuts down and bipasses option to backup my catalog. Sometimes it causes my MacBook Pro to reset.

What is the reason for this crashing event and is there a solution available other than not optimising catalog?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s?Apple’s?

This feels like a hardware crash from the description. RAM would be a good thing to test. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. There is no crash dialogue and no crash report to
fill out. LRC simply shuts down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

About my RAM....thanks also for that advice. That makes every bit of sense and as it happens, I'm soon to take delivery of a new MacBook Pro M1 with 32GB RAM plus other contemporary bells and whistles that come with it. I believe that should probably resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not do the following without backups in hand, either by auto backup without that option, or by simply copying the catalog.

What happens if you optimize the catalog before trying a backup?

https://digital-photography-school.com/10-tips-to-make-lightroom-classic-cc-run-faster/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. When I optimize, LRC shuts down without showing
the usual option to backup the catalog.

If I don't optimize and quit LRC, the backup option is available. I backup
the catalog on closing LRC every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, with LrC up and running, you select optimize, then it crashes.

A couple of possibilities, not the only ones, may be others

Corrupt catalog. If you create a new catalog, use it a bit, does the new catalog fail as well?

Have you considered resetting the preference file? The preference file can get corrupted leading to buggy behavior. A corrupt preference file will survive uninstalls, reinstalls, updates and upgrades. Resetting the preference file is Adobe speak for replacing it with a new one. Be warned that doing so will revert many settings to defaults.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to give Adobe a chat, a call

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your helpful suggestions. I am confident my catalog is not corrupt. I agree, a chat with Adobe is he way to go from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines