• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC Presets uploaded but not visible

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to get access to some new LRC presets (xmp files) I just uploaded.  I uploaded directly in Lightroom using the Import a preset process.  I can see the presets in Mac OS Finder and if I try to upload them again, LRC tells me they are are already uploaded.  Entering into Magage Presets, they are not visible, neither are another set of xmp files I uploaded in 2018. I have looked at a number of YouTube videos and nother has provided me that "ahha" moments. What am I missing?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several common possibilities

1. In preferences, you have selected to show partially compatable presets? Important if you are working within RAW.

2. You have closed then restarted LrC?

3. Normally not the issue, but you have cold booted your computer? As in turn it off, turn it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have done all of that. Thx for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do these presets apply a non standard profile? If they do and that profile is not installed, then the presets will fail to show. This is a known bug.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are presets for Infrared images from a well respected photographer. I've read somethings about similar bugs after a major change a few years ago.  guess I need to contact Adobe directly to see if they ahve any answers.  Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sawdust2655 wrote:

These are presets for Infrared images from a well respected photographer. I've read somethings about similar bugs after a major change a few years ago.  guess I need to contact Adobe directly to see if they ahve any answers.  Thx.

No, you need to contact that photographer and ask him if the preset applies a special (infrared) profile. If so, he needs to supply that profile too. 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a chat and a call with Adobe support, I have a work around for the preset and a related custom White Balance issue.  A little disappointed that they could not come up with a straight forward fix but I can live with it.  My sense is somewhere in all the updates over the years a conflict in the LR software has caused the issue. I would hope that every new update would totatly overwrite older pathways.  However, I am no software programer, so what do I know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines