Exit

LRc processing speed

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm a newbie on this forum.

Just wondering what the processing speed/ how long it takes to process an image to jpg.

Yesterday, my pc took 16mins to process 373 selected images . File size ranged from 25-55mb each.

Overall it took approx 2.5s per image. Is this fast or normal?

Cpu was at 100%, )% Gpu & 60% Ram

Thanks. 

Pc is only 2weeks old.

Pc specs:

Intel Core i9-10900 CPU 2.8GHz

Crucial P5 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz

Seagate 1TB 3.5 Barracuda 7200RPM SATA3 6Gb/s

GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8GD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the LRC forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If lightroom is exporting raw image files, it is reading from the raw data and applying the develop setting and all the edits applied. Things that are intensive and utilizing CPU, RAM, etc are sharpening, noise reduction, filter, brushing, spotting dust etc, etc, writing rendered image to the HDD. Things that can slow down writing the disk, type of storage, spinning disk, ssd, capacity of disk, % of free disk space.

The timing you are experiencing is expected.

The export process is not just a copy from one location to another as there is no rendered file sitting on a disk waiting to be copied.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Denis.

Just checked with my IT guy & he confirmed the new pentium cpu's always run max.

Probably the expectation like any others, everything needs to be faster haha. Need to factor in the file size are getting bigger with the Z7s 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines