Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC "shared with you" like in Lr CC?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I might be completely blind but is there in LrC somehwere collection or folder "shared with you" like it is in Lr CC? 
My friend shared some photos with me but I cant find them in LrC. Although I can see them in web Lr...

Thank you very much in advance!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic (and you need one of the most recent versions, not sure the exact version numbers that will work, but version 11.0 or higher definitely will work), you create a collection (but not a smart collection) and then check the box to the left of the collection name to share it in the Adobe cloud.

2022-03-31 06_48_56-Lightroom v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

You also have to click on the Start Syncing button, under the Cloud icon at the top right.

2022-03-31 06_49_41-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the answer!

Although I do know how to share photos between devices/apps, as you just described, the question is how can I access if someone else will share it to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only sync photos locally / online that belong to you, within the boundary of your own Creative Cloud account and storage. Someone else's online photos cannot take part in that.

You have been granted an ability to view this other person's photos in the web browser, maybe add a like or comment, maybe download a local file copy if that's not disabled. That's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do undestand that too. But on web Lr or Lr CC i can not only add a like or comment or download, but I can edit them too. And obviously I can see them. Which I haven't find in LrC.
The thing is I would like to do that in my stanrad work flow in LrC, which I couldn't find how, yet. If it is even possible tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no provision for doing that. and for a number of practical reasons, for this to change may be problematic. For example: is every image someone decides to share with you, going to then be synced down, and a local file stored, and appear within your Catalog - so that you can see it within that context - when you did not request any of these physical consequences? 

As I see it some matters that arise naturally within Lr's cloud based paradigm, are simply inapplicable to LrC's local Catalog paradigm - and this applies in the other direction too.

Some differences are inherent, in other words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dc3k wrote:

Hi there,

I might be completely blind but is there in LrC somehwere collection or folder "shared with you" like it is in Lr CC? 
My friend shared some photos with me but I cant find them in LrC. Although I can see them in web Lr...

Thank you very much in advance!

I don't think there is such an option in Lightroom Classic. You'll have to use Lightroom or Lightroom web to see an album somebody else shared with you.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines