LRC, updated, now unable to export files. Very frustrating as I’m on deadline!

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightrooom all of a sudden unable to export files. Very frustrating as I’m on deadline!

Got the LRC message today “Unable to export: You have not chosen an application to open the files” – won’t export any files whether jpeg or raw. The Plug-in manager click- box shows the file is enabled and version is version … -8dc50eb4   - error message capture below

LRC won’t export any files including images previously-exported 10 days ago without any issues.

LRC has had latest updates via CreativeClud and showing up to date, windows 10, I Have checked and all images are in the designated folder (my workflow is good). Exporting worked fine as recently as 48 hours ago  – have never seen this message before

What ‘s going on? How do I fix it?

TOPICS
Import and export, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the Export dialog box in the Post Processing panel, is "Do Nothing" selected? Or something else that would require an application to be involved?

Kenneth Seals

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kenneth the screenshot of the error message and the plug-in manager lin are attached below. here's no indication of what to do

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AusiTony I'm not familiar with the plug in you are using. Perhaps someone else will be able to offer a clue.

I it was me, I would reset LrC preferences and re-install the plug-in.

Kenneth Seals

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AusiTony  You didn't answer my question, What is selected in the Post Processing panel at the VERY bottom of the Export screen?

Kenneth Seals

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just grabbing at ideas here. Does the destination subfolder "small" actually exist?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you somehow bring up the export dialog, without selecting a photo (or photos)?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the export dialog, for destination, try actually selecting a specific destination, instead of same as originals, even if .

Just try as a workaround.

oh, and  see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-won-t-let-me-export-my-photos/m-p/8931877

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes, I failed to notice in your attachments, that you probably did select a photo. Many if us fellow members DO NOT TRUST attachments. Instead, use the insert photos button.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, actually looking at your last attachment, despite my mistrust, I notice at the bottom:

Unable to export: You have not chosen an application to open the files.

Hmm, what version of LrC? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1624160573162.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1624160573163.png

GoldingD_2-1624160573164.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Answering KR Seal's original question would have identified the cause of the problem.  In the Export window, scroll the options panel to the bottom and look at the the Post-Processing section:

johnrellis_0-1624230809257.png

Change After Export to Do Nothing and the problem should go away.  

Plugins and the Plug-in Manager are unrelated to this problem -- it just happens that the error message is displayed above the Plug-in Manager button.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines