Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC updated Sound suffers

Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroomers,

Well, somehow, overnight my LRC was updated to 20H2 which seems to have been enough to allow me

to upload the new Lightroom v. 11.0.1. However, now my audio is gibberish. All voices are muffled and garbled and unintelligible. Music is fine as are some tutorials (although I cannot figure out why some are normal) but the vast majority are horrible. This is both in my earbuds and speakers. 

Does anyone have a method of running a diagnostic and possibly a fix. And, could this be due to the new LRC version?

Thanks,

Richard

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your audio when running a video you have in your LrC catalog? Or just in general?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most videos are affected (?infected) except for Ads and my music.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks,

I am so disappointed that no one could offer any help with my audio problem. Since upgrading to LRC v. 11.0.1 my audio has become a garbled mess. Ads are okay as is my music but all else is unintelligible.

I have read that I am not alone in this problem but what can I do now? I have read about possible fixes that sound above my pay grade. Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Since upgrading to LRC v. 11.0.1 my audio has become a garbled mess."

You didn't answer GoldingD's question...or at least, you weren't clear enough for me to know what's going on.  To be specific, are you hearing audio issues when playing things outside of Lightroom Classic?  If so, the likely suspect is the Windows upgrade to 20H2, not the LrC upgrade to 11.0.1.

"I have read that I am not alone in this problem"

Where have you read that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tmickow,
I am not sure what you mean by "playing things outside of LRC?" What can I
listen to within LRC? All the programs I listen to are not related to LRC -
tutorials, etc. Music is good as are the ads.
It is interesting that you think it might be related to the upgrade to 20H2
which was done at about the same time as the LRC upgrade occurred. I kept
thinking that it had to be the LRC upgrade. In any event I will need some
help and will, hopefully, get it soon.
Thanks,
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am not sure what you mean by "playing things outside of LRC?" What can I listen to within LRC?"

You can import, manage & play video files in LrC.  You can also create slideshows with music in LrC.  If you had audio issues playing those inside of LrC, but had no audio issues playing things outside of LrC (like YouTube, etc), that would point to LrC as the problem.  As it is, you've bascially eliminated LrC as the issue.

"All the programs I listen to are not related to LRC"

Then why would you think this has anything to do with LrC?

"It is interesting that you think it might be related to the upgrade to 20H2"

It's not really interesting at all.  You never said what other programs you're using when the audio is garbled, but you just updated the OS, so that's the obvious choice.  What's really clear based on what you've said though, is that this is not an issue with LrC.

"In any event I will need some help and will, hopefully, get it soon."

Maybe some kind soul will chime in here to help, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  This is an Adobe community, but you're not having an Adobe problem.  Your problem is most likely a result of your Windows upgrade which would make it a Microsoft or hardware vendor / device driver problem.

And from some of your other posts, it appears you're running on hardware that's quite old.  Nothing wrong with that if it meets your needs, but expecting to be able to keep that old hardware and just keep plopping new operating systems and software on it without running into problems and incompatibilities isn't realistic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GoldingD,
The audio is good with all music and most 'ads.' However, anything else
from whatever sources is muffled and garbled except for a random video here
and there. Could this be a complication of the LRC upload of version 11.0.1?
I really need help with this as I am locked out of a world of content.
Thanks,
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@richardg52861327 I'm afraid you're just repeating yourself without giving any new info or details.

"Could this be a complication of the LRC upload of version 11.0.1?"

Nope, don't think so.

"I really need help with this as I am locked out of a world of content."

@GoldingD already gave you some links to look at.  Here's another - Microsoft Windows Support: Fix sound problems in Windows 10 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"20H2" is a Windows Operating System so it has nothing whatsoever to do with your Lightroom Classic application.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other's are not pointing to LrC ad the issue at all. Othets that probably do not have LrC, perhaps do not have any Adobe at all, are not thinking Adobe first but are thinking of Microsoft as culprit first.

A simple internet search on "20h2 sound problem" will lead to discussions. Such as:

https://windows101tricks.com/fix-windows-10-sound-problem/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/354185/no-sound-after-windows-10-20h2-update-even...

https://zcom.tech/windows-10-audio-not-working.html/

etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines