• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lrc: Upload to blurb not working

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently trying to upload a book to blurb.
I have searched if this problem is already known here, but all posts I have found are describing a slightly different behaviour (in my case the upload is not stopping after some pages).
My Book is a standard 10"x8" book with soft cover and with 36 pages.

I can export the whole book to a pdf file without any problems, but if I start the upload to Blurb, then Lightroom classic only shows the progress bar for "book upload to blurb" and then nothing happens. According to the documentation it should ask me for registration or login to blurb, but it never happens.
What could be wrong?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

"According to the documentation it should ask me for registration or login to blurb, but it never happens."

This is what I'm seeing.

2021-04-29_14-15-20.jpg

Try resetting LrC 10.2 Preferences file as outlined at the below link.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slow Internet can be a problem. Before my (Australian) internet was upgraded it would literally take many HOURS to transmit a book. My recent book (~100 pages) took 30 minutes..

Have you given it some time?  LrC may be simply assembling the photos and your edits before it starts transmitting.

See also my reply in this Forum post-

Book problems Exporting to PDF and Blurb

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick answer.
My Internet connection speed is 300Mbsp upload and 30Mbps download (actual test shows 317,2 Mbps / 32,4 Mbps) and my PC is a powerful water cooled (CPU+GPU) gaming machine. I'm not a gamer, but I use such strong machine since it's excellent for video-rendering which I need too.

After starting the blurb-upload, the CPU-/GPU-/SSD-Activity are almost not noticable. All 12 cores of my Ryzen 9 3900X are at ~0% to 1% (the 1% is probably caused by the system) and the GPU and SSD are relaxing too. For me it's not looking like assembling the book. In comparison if I export the book to a pdf-file the whole process takes 80 seconds for current book (I assume the assembling must be done in this case too).

I have read your referenced post. Although I'm not getting any errors and can export to PDF without any problems I have verified my book. All texts are within their boxes and within printable area. Additionally all Photos are available and are hi-res canon raw images.

As I already mentioned, according to the documentation Lightroom should ask me for the blurb-login but it doesn't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I cannot explain why you do not get the Blurb page.

What is your default Web Browser? Try a change to an alternative to see if it opens the Blurb web page.

My method usually is to leave my computer (go out to dinner 🙂 ) to upoad my book and return hours later to see the Blurb page open (in  Firefox Browser) awaiting my Credit card, etc.

Have you tried a Sign-up to pre-register your name at the Blurb.com site?  https://www.blurb.com/  (You do not need to 'order' here) but there are some 'Help' FAQs that might assist.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again! 🙂
My default browser is Microsoft Edge and I'm already a registered blurb user since I have already printed a book using blurb with Lightroom 6.1.

I have now tried:

- Changed default browser to Firefox.
- Logged in at the blurb website with checked "Keep me logged in" before starting upload.

- Started Lightroom as administrator and then started upload.

Each time the same situation - no blurb register/login query from Lightroom and no CPU/GPU/SSD load.

Is Adobe sometimes reading in this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"According to the documentation it should ask me for registration or login to blurb, but it never happens."

This is what I'm seeing.

2021-04-29_14-15-20.jpg

Try resetting LrC 10.2 Preferences file as outlined at the below link.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences solved my problem!

Thank you very much!

Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines