• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC ver 11.1 won't open on Mac

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac mini running Big Sur, LrC version 11.0.1 installs and runs fine but when I upgrade to 11.1 LrC hangs on the splash screen, won't open my catalog and I have to do a force quit to close out. My Mac is still fully operational it's just Lightroom which freezes.  I have Googled for answers and searched in this and the Lightroom Queen forum but haven't found a solution.  One thing I’ve tried is I renamed the preference file and then upgraded to 11.1 via Creative Cloud but when I launch LrC it still hangs at the splash screen. A new preferences file was created but still no success. This is the first Lightroom upgrade I've had problems with.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and what I could do to fix it?  Thanks.

David

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

I just updated to LrC v11.2 and it opens and runs fine.                         

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic as the application hangs at the splash screen. Would you mind sharing the version of the operating system you are using? 

Try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic by:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Backup your preferences before resetting by: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

Also, check this article and see if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-not-launching-after-splash-screen.html

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

I'm using macOS Big Sur 11.6.2.  I had already tried resetting my preferences and the two solutions mentioned in the article without success before posting on the Lightroom Queen and this forum.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that the issue persists. Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac.

Let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was do the trick! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sergey
Does i 11.1 still work without problems for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that solution and it worked the first time. I have now restarted my Mac and the problem is back.
I have now dowgraded to previous version.

This is on a completely fresh installation on macOS 12.2 on a M1 Mac mini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I'm having the problem after reboot as well.

I also downgraded to previous version and it works normally by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add a second vote for Onyx. 

I've used it for decades to address permission and cache issues.

warmly/j 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlos, thank you for your advice.

I downloaded and ran OnyX but I still have the same problem (LrC v11.1 locks up on splash screen).  I created an Admin account and it still locks up.  I logged back into my account and reverted to LrC v11.0.1 using Creative Cloud.  It opens and works fine.  I apologize for asking you for more help but any other suggestions?

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me after nearly every Lightroom Release Update. It's truly a shame that a subscription I pay for to a company that makes BILLIONS in profits still cannot afford to properly QC and BETA it's products and relies on us to do it for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all the help and advice and suggestions I've been given on this forum and the Lightroom Queen forums I am still not able to successfully install and work with v11.1, but I am able to run v11.01 successfully.  It's puzzling.  I've only read 3 or 4 postings by users with this same problem so we must be part of a small minority unable to work with v11.1 for some strange reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to figure out if there was some kind of commonality between us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac mini that I've had since 11/2019, running macos Big Sur since its release at the end of 2020.  I don't know how many LR Classic upgrades there have been since early 2021 but this version 11.1 is the only one I've ever had a problem with.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to LrC v11.2 and it opens and runs fine.                         

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been away from my LR computer for a few weeks. LrC v11.2 had been working but when I launched it on my return it froze. I've just updated to Monterey but 11.2 still freezes and I'm back to using v11.0.1. I'm baffled.

Adobe, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.2 works for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's nice that it works for you. I'm sure it works for most folks, but there are definitely those for whom it doesn't work.

I've tried every tick listed and both 11.1 and 11.2 lock up for me on the spalsh screen while reading preferences. I've rebooted so many times it's silly. I've nuked the old perf file to no effect. I've set the Full Disk Access and Accessibility Options. I've tried it all. There's one and only one thing that works for me, versions from 11.01 and earlier.

If this is the junk they're selling someone should pull their developer cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same 11.0.1 works anything higher does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the issue with LR 11.2 not opening beyond the "Adobe Credits screen" before opening LR. I deletet the .plist files - no success. I downgraded to LR 11.1 and now to 11.0.1 - no success. LR start now, but does not open my catalogue - when opening my catalogue, it freezes. What do I do wrong? Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has worked for me now for several weeks was setting "Use Graphics Processor" under the "Performance" tab in LrC Preferences to "Off".  I'm no longer having any failure to open issues.

I don't know if Adobe changed something but prior to v11.1, I always had "Use Graphics Processor" set to "Auto" and had no problems opening LrC.

Hope this helps.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks - no success either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC 11.5 freezes regularly at different moments with Big Sur 11.6.8 on a MacBook Pro 2015

Never had this problem with earlier versions. Tried all suggested remedies except setting off Graphic Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem seems to be solved by setting off use of GPU. My MacBook has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB.  LRC 11.5 needs a 4 GB card apparently. Can someone confirm that ? TNX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines