LRC will not read my photos on my external hard drive (MacBook)

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden Lightroom Classic (version 11.3.1) recognizes my external hard drive, but not my photos. I have a Macbook (MacOS Monterey Version 12.3.1)

-external hard drive works fine on Lightroom, but not classic.

-the name of the hard drive appears on the left sidebar in Lightroom Classic when it's plugged into my Macbook, so Lightroom is recognizing it, but no photos and most of the time no files appear

-Just in case hard drive was corrupt, I transferred all phots to new seagate external hard drive, same result.

-I've uninstalled creative cloud and reinstalled, I've uninstalled Lightroom Classic and reinstalled. 

-Occasionally, the actual file names will appear on the left sidebar list under the hard drive, but mostly, it's just the name of the hard drive. In either case, no photos can be accessed.

-I've shut off the MacBook and restarted it, multiple times. 

-I've used different USB ports on the MacBook, same result no matter which port. 

It seems to be a setting problem, not a problem with the external hard drive. Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something changed in Mac OS 12.3.1, and many people are finding they need to grant LR Full Disk Access. See these instructions:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-catalog-cannot-be-used-becaus...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip, everything works fine now!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines