• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC will not sync up to LR but will sync down

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LRC (latest version) will not syn images upto LR or mobile but syncing down to my desktop from LR and mobile works fine. I have rebuilt sync data several times with no effect. Ive turned off all firewalls including within router. Ive even changed ISP during the time of this issue and still no change.

LRC is showing images trying to sync in the cloud area at the top right, but nothing is listed in the sync settings screen in the bottom panel.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've done some testing. Kudos! I'll help you figure this out.

Lightroom Classic needs to download the full-size image available on the cloud and store it locally to sync.

Please share the screenshot of the following options in Lightroom from Preferences > Lightroom Sync.

SameerK_0-1674845014391.png

If this option is enabled, where have you set up the location to & where do you keep your Lightroom catalog? On an internal drive or an external drive?

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kudos,Thank you for offering to help me.
Screen shot as requested.I currently have 72 images in my "All Synced Photographs" 17 are still trying to sync up the remainder are all recent (last night) images synced down from my LR mobile from my phone.
Cheers,
Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't attach the screenshot, could you try again?

Also, have to tried logging in to your Adobe account at lightroom.adobe.com in a browser window, and checking for any Sync Errors being reported (below the All Photos line). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I think ive posted the screenshot now.
Im logged into my online account and cannot see any errors showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no screenshot. Use the "Insert Photos" icon when replying:

Re__LRC_will_not_sync_up_to_LR_but_will_sync_down_-_Adobe_Support_Community_-_13533676.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture2.JPGCapture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry new to this..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you will notice that even though there are 17 images trying to upload, nothing is showing in "Sync Activity".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture4.JPGCapture3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, is there anything unusual about those 17 images. Are they SOOC images, or derivatives from other software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 17 images are the ones from a collection that I am trying to sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that's not what I was asking. What I'm trying to establish is what type of images are they, are they "normal" images shot on a camera or phone, or are they derivatives such as Tiff produced in an external editor such as Photoshop? I can see one of the image looks like a derivative, what about the rest. Is the file-size of any of those 17 images greater than 200MB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are all camera shot images some mostly CR2 some TIFF some dng the TIFF and dng's are just been edited in Topaz through LR therefore the CR2 file has changed. But I had thie issue way before I started using Topaz. If I pick a collection just containing camera images (CR2) then I get the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No nothing anyware near 200Mb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to eliminate any doubt I have removed the 17 images with TIFFs and dng files and replaced the upload with 8 simple jpg’s. Sill no syncing or anything listed in the sync activity window.

I have also moved my Catalogue from the external drive to my Desktop to eliminate any possibility that Sameer was hinting to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have already tried to rebuild sync data, the only thing I have left to suggest is to close LrC, then logout of your Adobe account via the Creative Cloud desktop app, then log back in again, then try LrC again.

If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas, in which case you'll probably need to wait until @Sameer K responds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim, I have tried all that in the past. I appreciate you trying. @Sameer K to the rescue I hope....

thans again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted...hadn't seen the latest screenshots when I posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,

Sorry missed this question:

where do you keep your Lightroom catalog?

Its on an external hardrive connected via USB C connector (USB3).

The sync folder on C:\Lightroom has all the downloaded images in it but not the images trying to upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's not much of a hustle, try moving the catalog & its related files to the internal drive. Lightroom could encounter permission issues writing sync data to an external drive.

Once you move the catalog back, try rebuilding Sync-data & let Lightroom Classic sit for at least 2-3 hours to settle.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that and left LRC for 4 hours and it is still not syncing up. I dont see how a drive permisions would stop a file uploading. Files are downloading fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sameer,

does it matter where the original file is stored? 

Cheers,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines