• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC won't import iPhone photos (again)

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, over the years Lightroom Classic has often given me trouble trying to import photos from my iPhone. First attempt again since April only results in error messages.

No the messages states, files could not be imported, as they either could not be read or the target folder had problems with writing permissions.

Neither would be the case...

I started the usual suspects, reboot of iMac, reboot of iPhone, permissions repair on iMac, disabled Hotspot, BT, WiFi on iPhone, tried flightmode on iPhone. Still the same:

All the photos in the iPhone's camera roll are shown in the import window. Previews are only shown for some older pictures. But when selecting one or more files for import, nothing happens. Only after cancelling the import attempt, the above mentioned error messge is shown.

Everything is up to date:

Mac OS 11.4

iPhone OS 14.6

Lightroom Classic 10.2

Any suggestions in the community would be highly appreciated.

Greetings and best regards from Germany

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you importing these manually? Under Preferences > Lightroom Sync > Specify location for Lightroom's Synced images Choose the location and your images should automaticall sync to Lightroom Classic. They will show up in your Folders Panel in a folder called Lightroom Mobile Imports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening, thanks for reply and advice.

Actually, I have only been using LR mobile sporadicly. So far I just work on my pictures locally, I don't use iCloud or other cloudbased sync services that much, especially not for photos.

Syncing from iPhone camera roll to LR mobile works.

Syncing from LR mobile to a LR cloud, size limited by fees willing to work, works also.

Syncing from that cloud to LR classic therefore works too.

But the software itself allegedly includes a feature to just connect an iPhone via cable to the computer and directly import the photos I like with a mouseclick on the import-button. And this feature apparently just won't work. I am paying a monthly fee to use this feature and it only gives me headaches. Althoug I am well aware of the fact, that the biggest computer problems exist in front of the monitor 😉 I am just curious to get the problem solved. It worked with earlier software and OS-versions, why not anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm deleting my first response because I realized after reading Jill's post that I missed the mark on that one. Thanks to Jill for posting the link to more accurate info.

If you investigate using the Lightroom camera as Jim Hess described you can add a widget that will make it easier than using the iPhone camera. Depending upon which model you have you will have 4 camera options to choose from: Auto, Pro, HDR and Depth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use the Lightroom camera on my iPhone, the images automatically sync with Lightroom Classic. Take note that I must use the camera in the Lightroom app on my iPhone. No extra cables, no extra effoort. I take the pictures, and when I go to Lightroom Classic on my desktop the images are there. It just works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, after having been able to import successfully directly from the iPhone in the past. I found this solution on the Adobe Help pages, and it worked for me:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/known-issues.html

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines