• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC won't update on Mac OS...

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I've learned, something even Adobe couldn't help me determine. If your iMac is older than 2013, the OS will not update beyond High Sierra 10.13.6  If you have a Macbook Pro 13, your machine won't update either if it's older than 2012. Each model seems to have a different life span, but either way, being unable to update your OS impacts Lightroom Classic, because you won't be able to update LRC. Which may or may not mean much? unless you get a newer model camera, in which case, (mine) you won't be able to update to the new Camera Raw version necessary to open photo or video files. There is no "back (or side, for that matter) door" way of getting around this block. The only answer I know of is to buy a new computer. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is indeed the case. Is there a question somewhere? Remember that this is a user to user forum...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I spent close to an hour with Adobe chat trying to figure this out. This
was no longer a question (it started out as one to Adobe) but I thought
this may help those in my situation. The original question to Adobe support
was why couldn't I update my LRC version to the latest... So...

MooseMannaturephotos.com
Sharing Wildlife Moments With a Focus
on Gratitude, Humility, and Respect for Nature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines