• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrClassic XMP sidecars being saved as OnOne files since I updated.

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrClassic v 11.0 is saving  XMP sidecars as OnOne XMP files according to the thumbnails.   When I click the exported photo,  it opens the OnOne app instead of Lr but will not open the photo. How can I get back to normal?

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several editing Apps may use XMP sidecar files to hold metadata and/or editing information, so XMP files may not always be Lr (or Adobe) specific.

However, the "exported photo" you [Open] can be associated with an App by your Operating System. (In Windows you can [Open with] to select an App or set it as default)

BUT: Lightroom-Classic can NOT be made a default App for image files. Lightroom-Classic is a database type of software and can only [Open] Catalog files with the file-type of .LRCAT

You would need to IMPORT the exported file to LrC to see it in the Library and Edit the image,

OR when you set up the EXPORT dialog you check the mark to [Add to this Catalog] so that the exported file will automatically appear in the LrC catalog library to view and edit.   (No [Open] function is needed or possible).

Rob_Cullen_0-1636773679624.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Appreciate your help and clarification. I also deleted OnOne and checked the save to catalog option, and things are back to “normal” . Thanks

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you clicking on

The xmp file

or

A photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was clicking on the photo outside of Lightroom once exported. I finally just removed OnOne from my computer and all XMP files returned to their original icons and back to normal. Thanks for responding.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines