Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

LRMogrify2 and Catalina IOS

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing IOS Catalina I have lost the use of LRMogrify2. I get an error message

"magick cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified"

"Failed to run Mogrify..more info in the txt file"

It appears to me that a new security feature has been added via Catalina.

How to I get LRMogrify2 to work again?

Thanks for any help in this matter.  NH

TOPICS
Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019
Looks like the plugin developer hasn't updated LR/Mogrify 2 to cope with the extra security of Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina). 1. Send an email to the developer pointing this out.  See the contact info at the bottom of this page:https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrmogrify2.php?sec=faq Suggest that the first time plugin runs, it execute the command "xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine path", where path is _PLUGIN.path. 2. To work around this installation bug: a. In Finder navigate to the folde...

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019
Correction in step 2d: "mogrify" => "magick" [Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the plugin developer hasn't updated LR/Mogrify 2 to cope with the extra security of Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina).

1. Send an email to the developer pointing this out.  See the contact info at the bottom of this page:

https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrmogrify2.php?sec=faq

Suggest that the first time plugin runs, it execute the command "xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine path", where path is _PLUGIN.path.

2. To work around this installation bug:

a. In Finder navigate to the folder where you placed the plugin.  

b. Right-click LRMogrify2.lrplugin and do Show Package Contents.

c. Open the subfolder LRMogrify2.extras LRMogrify.extras.

d. Hold down the Ctrl key, right-click "mogrify" "magick", and do Open.

e. Confirm when it asks if you really want to open it.

f. Close the Terminal window that appears (ignore what it contains).

Now run the plugin.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you yes this has worked.

I did email the developer, but I did not receive a reply. Hence asked the community.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this is related. I am on Big Sur with the latest version of Lightroom Classic. Been using Mogrify for years. Recently reinstalled Lightroom Classic and when I try to add back the Mogrify plugin it won't load and the error message just says it won't work without any details. Tried the workaround mentioned above without success. By the way, in the Mogrify folder I have, which I downloaded recently to be sure, the folder your describe as LRMogrify2.lrplugin is called LRMogrify.lrplugin. I emphasize that this is from a recent download of the plugin. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction to my previous comment. The folder that John Ellis describes above as LRMogrify2.extras is called LRMogrify.extras in the Mogrify folder I downloaded recently.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction in step 2d: "mogrify" => "magick"

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Hmm, I just downloaded and installed LR/Mogrify 2 and the recipe I posted above (edited for the correct folder name) worked for me on Mac OS 11.3.1 / LR 10.4.

When I first tried to do an export with the plugin, I got this error:

johnrellis_0-1630690943000.png

After following the recipe and doing an export again with the plugin, the export proceeded but the plugin produced this error:

johnrellis_1-1630691086668.png

The solution in this thread successfully worked around that problem.

If the recipe still doesn't work, you could try using Macports to install Imagemagick on your Mac and then configuring LR/Mogrify2 to use that version:

johnrellis_2-1630691351406.png

I haven't tried that and don't know if it work -- one risk is that the plugin may not be compatible with the new version of Imagemagick (the plugin has its own, very old copy of Imagemagick).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not get the error message you got. I get this when I try to load the plug-in, including after doing the Control-right click thing on the Magick file: "An error occurred while attempting to load this plug-in.No other details.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"An error occurred while attempting to load this plug-in.

That error occurs when you've selected a folder or file that's not the actual plugin. Make sure you've selected LRMogrify2.lrplugin before you click Add Plug-in:

johnrellis_0-1630712003570.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines