• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Luminance Range

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Luminance Range worked great in the previous version. I don't know what you changed in it but now the sliders don't work as they used to. It is not masking properly, the way it was in previous versions

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire set of masking tools has been changed. I suggest that you view some tutorials on the new features. Once you understand how they work, it is my belief that they work properly and work well, and I think you will feel the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using the feather sliders on the sides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, they don't work the same way as in the old version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go and watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Fld8eEHsE

A long one, but worth watching the entire thing. I think it is a very good one. You might want to watch it while LrC is running and work along with it to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K1II2818-HDR.jpg

No matter how I play with the sliders, I can't get rid of these marks. They just don't work as they used to, when the liminance range was linked to the brush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the "marks" you refer to?  The floor on the left?

And we are looking at a render from AutoCAD or ArchiCAD.? Which I suspect would be difficult to edit with Lightroom tools to the same extent as a camera file..

I find it useful to apply the 'Luminance' mask, then [Subtract] with a Brush if I do not want the Luminance adjustment on the whole image.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works better because you can control the feather of EACH end of the range separately unlike before.  I think the new algorithm produces better and more predictable results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous version allowed adding brush and then applying the luminance to the area you painted with the brush. Here, you need to subtract. The problem here is that the sliders work in a way that leaves bad artifacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bmeiri wrote:

The previous version allowed adding brush and then applying the luminance to the area you painted with the brush. Here, you need to subtract. The problem here is that the sliders work in a way that leaves bad artifacts.

You have to set the sliders differently. In the previous version, the feathering worked both ways. So if the box cutoff was set at 50, and you feathered 20, then the feathered range would go from 30 to 70. Now the cut off is the 100% mark. So if you want the exact same effect, you now have to set the box edge at 70 and the feather slider at 30.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob_Cullen_0-1635911280973.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines