Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Luminosity Masks

Participant ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hope someone can explain me how the new luminosity masks work? I really can't understand why adove woul change somethign that worked fine...

I apply a gradient mask, then add a luminosity mask, but it's creating an entine new maks and afecting everything instead of only afecting the gradient area?

Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They didn't really change the existing masking tools. They added features to it.

There are dozens of tutorials on these new features, including on YouTube and the rest of the internet. You might want to watch or read some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... even on Adobe site:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/masking.html

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the Adobe Support Community, in Lightroom Classic, Under Discussion, right near the top, notice the document link that is ALWAYS provided when updates/upgrades are released. Here:

GoldingD_0-1640627728534.png

I have encircled the link in the screenshot above, go in the actual web page, and click on that link

GoldingD_1-1640627728534.png

Notice the link within that document that I encircled, on the actual web page, click on it

GoldingD_2-1640627728534.png

That brings up a document Adobe ALWAYS posts at updates and upgrades. Several articles may be included. Especially at upgrades. Notice that I circled two, you will want/need to bring up and read both. For now, for the subject at hand, on the actual web page, click on that one circled in red, the one about Masking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines