• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumix G9M2 (G9 II) images look flat and desaturated

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a bug, but I'd love to help and try and be useful, so if there is anything I can do to help pinpoint the issue please say. I'm running Lightroom Classic 13.2 (so camera raw 16.2) on Windows 11 (22H2). Previously images from my Lumix G9 Mark II have looked great (annoyingly I don't know when "previously" means, but definitely this was true in late Jan 2024), but now they look flat and desaturated. This is true of old images that I took that previously looked good, and new images. I've tried opening in other raw processing software (including the absolutely awful PhotoFunStudio that Panasonic provide) and the images look way more alive in them. None of the Lightroom (Adobe or camera matching) profiles get there. Camera matching "standard" is closest, but still much flatter. How can I help check if this is a bug, a deliberate choice or me being silly?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post screenshots. Include the application UI so we know what we're looking at.

It could be a broken monitor profile, or a GPU driver bug - but it's also well known that camera manufacturers tend to crank up contrast and saturation for a "pleasing" image. That's what sells cameras. Hard to tell without seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines