Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M1 CHIP & RAF Files : Laggy & Super Slow

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My RAF files are crazy slow with my brand new M1 PRO 14inch Mac Book Pro.
It's quite frustrating, and Lightroom disconnect the SD card when copying files....

I heard that other application like Capture One etc are better with RAF files.
Why ? 

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you find your Mac is running slowly, there are a number of potential causes that you can check.

Your computer’s startup disk may not have enough free disk space. To make disk space available, you can move files to another disk or an external storage device, then delete files you no longer need on the startup disk. macOS can also help you optimise storage by storing files in the cloud and helping you identify files you no longer need.

An app you’re using may require more memory than your Mac has easily available. To see how much memory your Mac has, choose Apple menu > About This Mac, then check the amount of memory listed in the Overview pane. See the documentation that came with the app to find out its system requirements.

To find out how to increase your computer’s memory, choose Apple menu > About This Mac, click Memory, then click Memory Upgrade Instructions in the lower-right corner. (Not available on all computers.)

Quit any app that isn’t compatible with your Mac. For example, an app may require a different processor or graphics card. See the documentation that came with the app for information about its system requirements.

To see what processor your computer has, choose Apple menu > About This Mac, then click Overview.

To see what graphics card your computer has, choose Apple menu > About This Mac, then click Displays. The name of the graphics card in your computer is displayed in the middle of the window.

Quit any apps you’re not using.

If you have problems with your disk, use Disk Utility to verify and try to fix any issues.

Use Activity Monitor to see if a particular app or activity is making a large demand on your Mac.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Rachel,

Thanks for the input but this isn't a hardware problem... At all...
I'm professional Videographer / DOP / Editor and do photo has a hobby.
The computer is brand new, has 500go of free space, run fast on every other files (JPEG, canon and sony raw) and other application are super snappy : davinci resolve, première pro for video.

The only thing that is super laggy are the RAF files. Fujifilm RAW file format
It's clearly a SOFTWARE issue, not an hardware one. The RAF files are running OK on my windows PC not on the M1 while every other software are snappier on the Mac M1.

Why that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines