• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M1 Mac Installation issue - "damaged or incomplete" Error Message

Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During installation on my M1 MacBook Pro, I get the following error message - You can't open the application "Adobe Lightroom Classic" because it may be damaged or incomplete.  

Is Adobe aware of this or are they doing anything to fix it?Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 9.26.36 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First check permissions for folders and files is granted to Lightroom in System Preference/Security and Privacy.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that is a bit difficult to do as this is happening during a clean/initial install of LrC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you run any software before that needs Rosetta2 to run? Lightroom Classic is not yet compiled natively for the M1 processor. Perhaps try making sure that Rosetta is installed before opening Classic. I think running it from the finder should also trigger the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Rosetta is working ok for you, just uninstall and re-install through the Adobe Creative Cloud app.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this doesn't work either and LR is my main photo app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines