Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(MAC) Import from external HD creates folder in Pictures folder with a year tag

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Mini running Ventura 13.0.1, LR Classic 12.0.1

I have a permanently connected external HD on which resides all my RAW files from camera.

Since one of the above updates, when i import a folder (I have them in date order name) to LR, it creates a duplicate folder in my system HD pictures > 2022 > [folder name], the original folder remain on the external HD. I'm not wanting to fill up the system HD and work solely from the external HD until i selectively export my edited files.

I cannot find a away to revert to my old workflow.

Any help please?

TIA

IAN

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am understanding you properly, you want to do the import via ADD and leave the photos on the external HD; and you seem to be importing via COPY or MOVE (that's why you get a new folder on your system HD).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, Yes, that appears to be the issue, but looking at the dialogue i get i can't seem to switch to ADD (it must have been like that before this update)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADD is greyed out? Are your photos are on the camera card? Then you need to choose COPY, and make sure (confirm, double check, triple check) that the Destination Panel points to some valid folder location on your external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're greyed out, the files are on my external SSD which is permanently plugged in (base unit under the Mac on a USB3 connection), LR seems to think it is a removable drive - technically it is, but never been an issue before the update(s)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show me a screen capture. Use the "Insert Photos" icon. DO NOT attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 18.46.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd already sorted that, thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Full Disk access - Made no difference - it appears that LRC is treating my external HD like a SD or similar so refusing to add, rahter it creates a new folder on my main system HD which I do not want. Was perfectly ok before the update(s). Is there a way to override this behaviour (bug?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines