• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Mini Flickering Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an intermittent issue that causes my Lightroom Classic image preview to flicker when I move my cursor between the develop tools area and the image window. Also when I make an adjustment it's very clunky. 

When I go into lightroom preferences and I switch graphics processing to off then it resolves the issue (and subsequently if I move it back to on it also stays fixed until I continue using it then it starts again)

I would prefer to keep using graphics processing as the adjustments to the image are very smooth however when turned off is very clunky. 

I've attached a screenrecord below of the issue. 

Hopefully someone can help. 

Running Mac Mini M1 - 16GB Ram, Big Sur 11.3 and Lightroom Classic 10.2 (Camera Raw 13.2)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. In my initial post I mentioned that I had already turned the graphics processing off as per your recommendation however this results in a reduced performance. When graphics processing is off then sliding the exposure bar (for example) doesn't result in a smooth transition but rather a clunky stepped transition. While it does fix the initial flickering problem it still isn't a great experience. 

I'll try reset the preferences however and see if that helps. 

Best,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're using a computer that needs to run in emulation mode (Rosetta 2) in order that it can even run Lightroom Classic. So, anomolies such as you are experiencing are to be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines