• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac mini M1 with LR classic

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am asked to install Rosetta to run LR classic on my mac mini M1 although it is as native available according to Adobe. Does anybody have experience with that

Thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be because of some plugin. Lightroom Classic is indeed M1 native.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't installed any Adobe software yet, macOS may require Rosetta just to do the installation of the Creative Cloud desktop app, which is what installs Lightroom Classic. Although Lightroom Classic itself is Apple Silicon native, other required Adobe components that go with it may not be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just a component of the installer for creative cloud that requires rosetta. The whole suite is M1 native. A little embarassing that it requires Rosetta to install but I guess not something that hurts anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jao vdL wrote:

The whole suite is M1 native.

There are still many Creative Cloud components and major applications that remain Intel code, including the Creative Cloud Desktop App, Adobe Bridge, After Effects, and Substance 3D. (Although Substance is not included in what they call the “All Apps” plan.) There are others that I haven’t installed; the official list of major Creative Cloud applications that are and are not Apple Silicon native is here: Do Adobe apps work on Apple computers that use the M1 chip?. The Apple Silicon native version of After Effects is in public beta.

The screen shot below is from the System Information app that comes with macOS.

Creative-Cloud-not-Apple-Silicon-native-20220327.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your answer

LR is compatible with apple M1 and Big Sur but not yet ready for Monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where you get that idea from. I've 3 Mac M1 based systrems all running without issue on Monterey 12.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ian,

Thanks for your answer

have you installed Rosetta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@peterr95376077 wrote:

Dear Ian,

Thanks for your answer

have you installed Rosetta

Rosetta 2 is needed for some Creative Cloud processes so it will be installed, but Lightroom Classic runs natively on an M1 Mac.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic runs great on Monterey on my M1 Mac. The system requirements say macOS 10.15 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conrad

Thank you for your answer, which system have you got installed, Big Sur or Monterey?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I said in my earlier reply that my M1 Mac is running Monterey. I just installed this week’s latest macOS update, so it’s now up to macOS Monterey 12.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines