• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS and LR6

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running MacOS HIgh Sierra and have LR6 I purchased out right. I am being told in my updates with google I need to update my OS but I want to maintain use of my LR 6. Just not ready to have to pay a subscription every month. What OS can I    update to and still maintain use of my LR 6. Please advise.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR6 should run as a 64-bit application under Monterey and maybe Ventura (I never tried that) but installing it is the issue; you must boot into an OS that can support the 32-bit installer (the last being Mojave). That's a big problem for M1's because Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina and M1 Macs do not run 32-bit and can't boot into Mojave. 

IF your Mac isn't an M1 (Apple Silicon), you are OK but if it is, you're SOL. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have a iMac late 2013
Running high sierra now 10.13.6 and LR is already installed. If I update the os won’t it be okay since it’s already installed? This computer has a 512 GB solid state SATA hard drive. I’m not sure of 32 but or 64 bit.
I appreciate your help

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines