• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

macbook pro is falling out while working in Lightroom

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have some troubles when i work on lightroom my macbook pro is running (and making noises like it's really working hard) and then my pc falls out, i had contact with apple and they said they can't see that anything is wrong so they suggested me to reach out to your services, can someone help please??

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the following basic information:

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe lightroom classic cc, i have a macbook pro intel i7

i was running through photos in lightroom (just looking and get through them), then the pc is running loud and shut down, i don't have this problem with another program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We asked for specific information.

Please, the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic is ____________

Please, the exact version NUMBER of your operating system is _____________

When you were "running through photos", does this mean you are just looking at them? Or are you doing something else? Are you doing this in the Library Module or the Develop Module, or somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i know the number of lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help->System Info, it is the first line inside the inner box, next to "Lightroom Classic version:"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i work with an apple macbook pro 2017

lightroom classic number 8.0 [ 1193777 ]

yes i was looking through some images, just before i was labeling them with a star and my macbook shut down again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Now please answer my other questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macbook pro 2017  (version 10.14.6)

i'm not always getting an error, it just restarts, sometimes it says that there has been an unknown error, i don't have a screenshot of it

don't know if you need anything else, i don't know IMG_8565.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happens in the library and the develop area as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i reopen the lightroom it always opens a map of my previous sessions like lightroom doesn't know where i was working on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer re-starting is almost always either some hardware malfunction or bad driver. Since I am told that on a Mac the drivers are always kept up-to-date (I don't know that as a fact as I don't have a Mac, but I have read that) then it must be a hardware malfunction somewhere. You need to run diagnostics on all of your hardware (memory, hard disk, motherboard, cooling system, etc.) to determine which component is failing. Since you said it is making a lot of noise, this leads me to suspect the hard disk or the cooling system is the problem, as those are the only items that make noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright, how can i do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had contacted apple before though, i gave them all the information and they checked if i had any problems and they couldn't see anything, everything was fine they said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will stick with my understanding of computers (which has nothing to do with Lightroom Classic or any other program) that computers do not crash without hardware error somewhere, or a bad driver. That's how computers work. Could there be very rare exceptions? I don't know but they would be very very very rare.

No one knows what Apple did.

I do not know how to run hardware diagnostics on Macs, as I don't use a Mac. You can search for some ideas, or wait until a Mac person provides information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us restart the inquiries and possible solutions.

First up an observation

Your computer: Apple MACBook Pro, 15 inch 2017

Your MACOS: Mojave  v10.14.6

Your copy of Lightroom Classic: v8.0

Next some references

System requirements for upgrade to MACOS BigSur:

https://www.apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/

System requirements for LrC v10.4:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

Inquiry, why have you not upgraded your MACOS?

Inquiry, why have you not upgraded your LrC?

incidentally, on a MAC, updating or upgrading the MACOS updates drivers, some updates could be just for bug fixes, such as drivers.

incidentally, LrC v8.0 was very buggy. Not all LrC updates are just about improvements, or additional cameras, or lenses, most include bug fixes, some just bug fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. nothing to do with problem.solution. Everything to do with improving communications in communities

see: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/take-a-screenshot-or-screen-recording-mh26782/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@evyc47138049 wrote:

i had contacted apple before though, i gave them all the information and they checked if i had any problems and they couldn't see anything, everything was fine they said

To actually check this, they have to reboot your machine into a special hardware check mode. This is not something that can be done online or over the phone. Best thing to do is to make an appointment at an Apple Store and have them run a hardware check. The phenomena you describe are consistent with hardware problems that cause overheating. If that happens the computer shuts down automatically to protect itself. Heating up and running the fan is normal for programs that are intensive such as lightroom Classic but you should not be able to get it to shutdown whatever you do.

Lastly as noticed here by others, you are on Mac OS X and Classic versions that are quite old now. You might also have missed installing a number of firmware upgrades that are available for your machine that might fix bugs that can cause overheating. I'd recommend upgrading it all and installing every single update available. You should at least go to Catalina as your operating system and install all available updates. Best to go to Big Sur which this machine should support. But whatever you do you absolutely need to do a full hardware check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you upgrade that MACOS, pay attention to pop ups the MACOS will present. One critical one relates to an App wanting access to Files or Folders. Ignoring that will lead to another posting in this community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines