Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacBook Pro no longer opens classic. Damage / Incomplete message

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone and thanks,

Having all kinds of issues with Lightoom Classic.  I'm running A MacBook Pro with Monterey 12.3.1.

Last week for the first time in 15  years of using Lightoom , I was asked to update my catalog , which I did but then found that all of my images from 2022 were missing from the new catalogue.   

I had assignments to shoot the next day so I continued on with the new catalogue and figured I would suss it out when I had some time.

That  worked fine for two days, and I imported and edited several assignments without problem.

Then two days ago I tried to open Lightroom and I got an error message say I did not have permission to open Lightroom.

I restarted the book and found the desktop icon has gone to a white box with a circle and slash and when I click on it it a warning. Box pops up and reads "You can't open the application Adobe Lightroom Classic because it is damamged or incomplete. "

Please advise

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble experienced with Lightroom. We're here to help.

Which version of Lightroom Classic are you using? Where are the images located? Did you recently change any settings? Did it start happening after any system or application update? Where is the catalog stored on an internal drive or an external drive? 

When you launch Lightroom or Adobe apps on macOS Catalina and above, you are prompter to allow permissions by the macOS. You can ensure Lightroom has the permissions needed on the Mac by following the steps suggested below and here with a video (https://bityl.co/BsB1) 

Try reinstalling the application. Also, try running a catalog from your internal drive and let us know if t helps.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines