• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(macOS 12.5) Lightroom Cv11.5 MBP M1 Max "Open Recent Catalog" just closes LR without reopening

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC 11.5 - M1 Max Macbook Pro - MacOS 12.5

When I try to use the "open recent" catalog menu option in LRC, it just closes lightroom and never reopens with the chosen catalog. I have to manually open LRC at which point it loads the catalog that I had chosen. It's supposed to automatically reopen, correct? That's what happened on the windows PC that I'm switching from.

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'll need more information about the catalogs & your workflow.

You mentioned switching devices. Where are your catalogs stored? On the internal drive or an external drive?

How large are your catalogs & does it happen with a specific catalog?

I have tested this on Windows 11 & MBP M1 Max & I could not reproduce this.

If the catalog is on an external drive, move it to the desktop on the internal drive.

• Press the OPT (macOS) when launching Lightroom Classic.
  • Choose the option to create a new catalog and create a new one on the internal drive.

SameerK_2-1664294854831.png

• In the new catalog, head to File > Open Recent > Select your catalog that we moved to the desktop.

•  

Let us know how it goes from here,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Catalogs are on the internal drive of my Macbook. Happens with my large master catalog as well as small single session catalogs with around 800 .CR3 files from the R5. Doesn't seem to matter which catalogs I'm switching to/from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines