• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS 13 (beta) LR missing all color managemet

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have the same problem running LRC with MacOS 13 (beta)?

MacOS 13 moves from Metal 2 to Metal 3 and as a result when HW acceleration is enabled LRC looses all color managemnt. Developement images are not correctly color managed (they show much less saturation than Library module and export result) and soft proofing with different profiles does not work (no change in color reproduction).

I understand that this is beta of MacOS but I'm affraid this problem will pop-up when the final verison is realaed. 

Br, Pawel

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

It's useless to discuss issues with beta system software. The current version of Lightroom Classic was not designed for MacOS 13 beta. This problem has been mentioned here several times, so Adobe is aware of it. You can also be sure that they have access to MacOS beta versions too, and much earlier than you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 123.7% sure that Adobe is working with beta versions of the MAC OS to make sure their software will work properly once the operating system is changed from beta to production. Note: I do not work for Adobe, and I am not speaking on behalf of Adobe, but I believe that all software companies do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also almost sure they are working on that. Hope they notice this bug, as it seems that everything else is working correctly right now (apple silicon verison). 

Br, Pawel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also almost sure they are working on that.

I didn't say I was "almost" sure ... I said I was much more sure than "almost"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's useless to discuss issues with beta system software. The current version of Lightroom Classic was not designed for MacOS 13 beta. This problem has been mentioned here several times, so Adobe is aware of it. You can also be sure that they have access to MacOS beta versions too, and much earlier than you do.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has the same access to beta software as any other registered developer in beta program (not to be confused with public beta)

Hope they are fast enough. In the past it was not always the case 😉

Br, Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one here can help you with beta OS software. Not our role.

Report the issues to Apple if you must run their beta OS. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not my intent to discuss the beta software here.

Just asked if this is known problem - so I'm sure it's not with my setup. 

Seems to be wrong place to ask such questions. Sorry.

Br, Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to be wrong place to ask such questions. Sorry.

By @Pawel Guraj

The right place:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/653724

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines