• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

[macOS] Folder view only shows the root (/) folder

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

formerly (until a certain point in 2022) LR Classic CC showed my chosen folders, separated by volume, in the folder view: on top level the volumes, on the next levels each chosen folder. When I wanted to access a particular volume or folder, I found it with one or two mouse clicks.

Since 2022 I face the following problem on macOS 12.6 and now 13.1: The top level contains only one volume: my internal Macintosh HD and below folders like "Users", "Volumes" and below "Volumes" each external volume as part of this tree. Now, when I want to access any of my image folders, I always have to navigate down this file tree with many mouse clicks.

I always tried to remove the Macintosh HD from the folder view and reimport the desired folders, but to no avail. The Macintosh HD can't be removed, and reimporting any folder will not show it in the folder view.

What can I do to return to the former, easily usable view?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's generally helpful to include a screesnhot that displays an issue such as you describe. This ensures that those reading your post get a clear picture of the issue rather than guessing. However, in absence of such a screesnhot, then my 'guess' is that LrC is erroneously displaying the entire folder tree. If this is the case, then right-mouse-click on the top level folder (volume name if I understand your description), then choose 'Hide This Parent' as shown in attcahed screenshot. You'll need to repeat this procedure at each level until the folder tree shows only the folders you want to be visible.

Hopefully, above fixes your issue.

Untitled-3.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines