• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(macOS) Lightroom Classic Catalog Backup Folders Empty

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I exit lightroom and backup my catalog it's creating a new folder with the date in my backups but there is nothing inside of it. No zip file, any ideas? I noticed it's been doing this for the past two months or so, my last successful backup with a zip file inside is from months ago.

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll need more information to help you with this.

Could you please share the version of Lightroom Classic & the operating system you are working on? Where do you store the backup? On the internal or an external drive?

As a test, store the backup only on the desktop or the internal drive.

Try this change and let me know the outcome.

• Go to Edit > Catalog Settings > General > Backup > When Lightroom Exits next > Proceed to close Lightroom.

In the backup window, uncheck 'Test Integrity before backing up' & 'Optimize Catalog after backing up and take the backup for now.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a macbook pro with Montery 12.5 and Lightroom Classic 11.4.1.

I've tried backing up onto the desktop, different folders and onto an external and I'm getting the same issue everywhere. The backup folder is created, but there is nothing inside of it. I've also went into security settings and allowed Lightroom full disc access. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update MacOS Monterey recently? Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic and/or Photoshop if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox. See also Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on macOS

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did upgrade recently and reset the security permissions as suggested, but I still have the same issue.

I've tried backing up onto the desktop, different folders and onto an external and I'm getting the same issue everywhere. The backup folder is created, but there is nothing inside of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, disable all this and use a full, sound backup schema where you backup everything (including images, presets, profiles etc) along with all your other important data. Inexpensive and easy to use on Mac, SuperDuper. And you can configure it to backup everything while you're asleep. 

The LR backup isn't very effective unless all you care about is backing up the catalog. Not enough! 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines