• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(macOS) Lightroom Classic is synchronizing all photos again!

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have several collections which are allready synced to the cloud. So far so good. Now i wanted to sync a new collection - and now lightroom wants so sync ALL my photos – over 50000!!!! Why? What happened?

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'll need more information to help you with this.

What version of Lightroom & the operating system are you working on? Did the recent batch of images upload to the cloud? Log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) to match the numbers on the desktop & Lightroom Web.

Please share the screenshot of the following options from Preferences.

SameerK_1-1660915808766.png

If you are storing the sync database of originals on an external drive, Lightroom might be accessing the original from the external drive.

• Search for Disk Utility from Finder's spotlight search or magnifying glass.
  • Run 'First Aid' diagnostic on the external drive. Check this to learn more: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210898
  • Restart the computer.

Try these steps & let me know how it goes,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 11.5.,  mac os catalina 10.15.7

the number as far as i can see is not matching, but i am not sure. i have a lot of the photos not anymore on my computer but on many extern storage devices. but that was no problem so far. i imported photos, edited them, made some collections, uploaded them to the cloud and shared them with my clients and family. Since i have alot of photos i am forced to store the photos on extern storag devices.

today i wanted again to syncronize and share a collection but instead of synchronizing 1000 photos in the collection the program wanted to sycronize 73000!!! which took alot of time which  i not had, because i had a next photojob. so i copied all that i would find in the lightroom folder to a extern disk (screenshot) and opend a new catalogue. But of course i cannot synchronize this catalogue  because i would loose  all my "older"  synchronized collections, correct? so i hav now two catalouges one big one with a lot of photos and a small one with the photos of today.It would be great to combine these two.

So i first copied Lightroom Catalog-2-v10-v11.lrcat back to the computer and opened it. All my old collections are back BUT all empty (screenshot). And now it wants to synchronize 120000 photos (screenshot). Do i have to wait that all is synchronized? And can i add/combine the newer smaller catalogue of today with the big one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: I kept it synchronizing  overnight and still 58000 to go… and nothings seems to happen anymore ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... edit: running again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines