• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Face Detection Go Away!

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my cat accidentally pressed O switching the view to people, which prompted this ridiculously annoying face detect thing to start running. I switched back to loupe view, but I can't get the face thing to go away! I can no longer click to zoom in and out, its now stuck on click to draw a face box. How in the ever loving hell do I get this out of my life so I can get back to work? Not being able to easily disable this is easily the stupidest thing Adobe has ever done. Until someone can help me out I'm dead in the water.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

John, I'm not sure that pausing Face Detection will get the OP out of the "Draw Face Region" mode that he's stuck in (I can activate that mode even though I have Face Detection paused). To get out of that mode he needs to be in Loupe view, where he should see the "Draw Face Region" button on the Toolbar. Click on it to deactivate it. If the Toolbar is not showing, press T.....if the "Draw Face Region" icon is not showing, click the down-arrow at the extreme right of the Toolbar and put a checkma

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Do the menu command View > Grid (see the menu command for the keyboard shortcut).

2. Pause Face Detection by clicking on the identity plate in the upper-left corner and then clicking the pause button:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I'm not sure that pausing Face Detection will get the OP out of the "Draw Face Region" mode that he's stuck in (I can activate that mode even though I have Face Detection paused). To get out of that mode he needs to be in Loupe view, where he should see the "Draw Face Region" button on the Toolbar. Click on it to deactivate it. If the Toolbar is not showing, press T.....if the "Draw Face Region" icon is not showing, click the down-arrow at the extreme right of the Toolbar and put a checkmark against the "Draw Face Region" option.

LR7_Forum_Test_Catalog-2-2-2_lrcat_-_Adobe_Photoshop_Lightroom_Classic_-_Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my LR, doing the menu command View > Grid will exit the face-rectangle drawing and labeling mode in Loupe and take you back to Grid mode. When I then go back to Loupe, the face-rectangle mode remains turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir, that did the trick! Though I had to find it a different way. I don't have the face icon in Loupe view, but you can get there via menus: Photo > People > Draw Face Regions. Not sure why I don't have that, I do have the latest version of LR. Not that I ever want that again. 😃 Thanks so much for everyone's help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY??????????? does lightroom have these ridiculus shortcuts that are simply single letter. almost everyday I press a letter and it shortcuts to some ridiculus never used shortcut. Who can remember these shortcuts anyway. I spend more time trying to figure out how to turn of the shortcut then I would save time using them. There should be CMD func to activate shortcut.THis pisses me off 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Single letter shortcuts: any reasonably intelligent cat would adjust within a week, if it became necessary for them to rest one paw on the Ctrl key also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this 'correct' answer doesn't work for me and I have no idea how to get out of this stuck loupe. I've even closed down the program, rebooted my computer, re-opened the program and it's still scanning through 150,000+ photos - I'm going to be here for days...... And no way of knowing to stop the damned thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe change the shortcut for face detection. And if your cat manages to press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+letter, he deserves some treat 😉

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has happened to me twice now. I hit the "O" key. Lightroom goes bas chit crazy looking for people i am gonna photoshop anyway.

then i want to set myself on fire.

Then I figure out I have to go to loupe view in libray. hit the "T" key if i hid the toolbar. find the face thing and turn it off as i scream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidently hit the O key and my Lightroom Classic went batshit crazy on me.  Who ever thought of that at Adobe should be fired.  Thanks for the helpful tips.  I have been on hold with support for over an hour.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe -- Please note, Face Detection and Indexing triggering (starting) is way too sensitive.  Once it starts it consumes the photographers time as it takes a large amount of CPU/GPU power.  I've got over 80,000 photos.  PLEASE ADD a feature that allows us to completely disable the feature or at a minimum allow us to disable the connection between triggering face detection and the short cut "o" key.  If there are people that I want to know about, I keyword them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my profile pic, ... .  I had to respond!  ðŸ˜‰

So far, I've not had that face-detection problem, but it would drive me batty!!  (Always hated that in the Photos Apple app.)

However, I do review my Preferences and Catalog Settings, every once-in-a-while, and in this situation, wonder if you check your Catalog Settings > Metadata > Face Detection - I make sure this is never selected.  

Not sure if that helps you at all, ... but I also want to defend our fur-buddies!

Good luck to you!

Relative details:  MacOS Catalina 10.15.7; AdobeCC; LrC V5.2 v-10-v11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have face detection unchecked in my catalogue settings. So it is more than annoying when I accidently hit some key on my keyboard and have face detection tie up my computer. I don't want or need face detection. I am a wildlife photographer. When I accidently launched face detection today LRClassic went through hundreds of photos and identified leopard spots as people. This feature is triggered far too easily with just hitting one key on your keyboard. I hate it, never want to use it, and I hope Adobe sets up some easy, intuitive way to kill it when it launches by an accidental key strike. So many people have had time wasted by this unwanted "feature". Please get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there have been FIVE years of comments about this stupid feature and NO ONE at Adobe has come up with a way to turn it off? This seems like this should be a preference I can control...not Adobe. I've just tied up 15  minutes fussing with this. Every time I try to write a title for a file...and I don't press O, this time I pressed "S" and it started with no way to stop it. This is making me feel done! Anybody found a permanent fix??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could someone suggest to Adobe to change the Face Detection short from a dumb-blankety-blank-blank single letter to one of those less quick-access commands, ... eg - Cmd + Shift + Opt + B + S.  It sounds like no photographer uses the face detection... so who is it for anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines