• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a book. Adding photos after the initial batch WITH their metadata titles

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the last update of Lightroom Classic not connected to the web on my PC, 6.14. 
I created 16 photo Collections, matching the days in my Chilean trip.
I started the book with day 1 photos thinking I could add each collection as I went.
I did get Collection 2 into the filmstrip of the saved book.
I'm ready to drag and drop the photos into each page which I did, BUT I can't get the title from each photo which is on the metadata to show up. Help needed!
I spent several hours on the first 30 photos (14 pages) so I would hate to have to redo those.
Thanks
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A 'long-winded' reply:

This is the method I might use to keep my book photos in a 'Chapter' order- BEFORE commencing the book-

1) Create a new Standard Collection.  Call it (Assembly for Book)

2) Mark this Collection as the 'Target Collection'

3) Immediately set the Sort Order for this Collection to "Custom" (even though empty- no photos!)

4) Select images for Chapter-1  (from another Collection, or folder, or selected in All Photographs)

5) Press [B] to add these photos to (Assembly for Book)

6) Repeat steps 4) and 5) for Chapters 2,3,4,5, etc

This method will keep your photos in a Chapter order in the (Assembly for Book) Collection and Film-strip.

7) Use the (Assembly for Book) Collection to start the new book.

2023-01-06 07_54_54-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg

Now because you already have spent time with your book and Chapters 1 & 2, you might-

1) In the Book module (if not already done from the tab) Create a [Saved Book Collection] 

2) View the [Saved Book Collection] in Library Grid mode and Custom Sort

3) Add your Chapter 3 photos to the [Saved Book Collection]

4) Repeat Step 3) for Chapters 4,5,6,etc

When you re-open the Book from the [Saved Book Collection] all your 'added' chapter photos will be on the Film-strip in the 'Chapter' order as you added them .

For "Title" text, I suspect that you would need to then select all the Photo Cells in the Book: [Ctrl+Alt+Shift+A] or the Edit Menu, then check the [Photo Text] box-

2023-01-06 08_14_45-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines